Friday, April 14, 2006

Say Hi to Mr.Capsicum

My wife and I had a debate yesterday regarding creativity. I basically implied that everyone could become rich and famous by doing whatever they do creatively and by being the best in their chosen field. She retorted that it was just my MBA hogwash and ther were a lot of tasks that couldn't involve creativity and she somehow wasn't convinced of my argument.

Today, she asked me to help her out in the kitchen by cutting vegetables. She handed me the vegetables, cutting board, knife and said "You can be as creative as you want!".

Within five minutes, Mr.Capsicum was born... with carrot pieces for eyes and a pea for his nose, with a trademark smirk on his face. My wife enthusiastically pitched in with corn for his teeth.

Thus, the first part of my argument was won... creativity can be infused into any activity and you will be sure to arouse other people's interest too. Now I just have to wait till my talent gets noticed and I get rich. Then I will prove the second part of my argument... WISH ME LUCK :P

PS: We regret to inform you of the sad demise of Mr.Capsicum barely minutes after his birth. We ate him for lunch!

No comments: