Wednesday, April 12, 2006

MBA, Stress and Obesity

My doctor friend once told me that I probably suffer from Stress Related Obesity. I dunno if its true or if there is anything called 'Stress Related Obesity', but it magically seems to explain my eating binges and rapid weight gain.

I went through an elaborate weight reduction program for six months before I landed in Singapore which successfully brought down my weight from a shocking 110 kilos to a not-so-shocking 94 kilos. I was able to decrease my weight further during my first four months here in Singapore. You can see me enjoying one of the night-outs with my batchmates in July 05.

And then, the rigours of the course and daily irritations associated with life in Singapore started taking a toll on my mind and body. The increased levels of stress probably caused an increase in appetite (thats the only cause I can attribute to the fact that I was gulping down copious amounts of hazardous waste that they sell in the food courts here). Overeating made me lazy and I started finding reasons to miss a workout. And six months later.... I was back to a 110 kilos, walking around like an elephant with piles! I feel sick when I look at myself in the mirror. You can see me getting bored at one of the 'night-outs' in Feb 06. Nothing interests me anymore.

Its high time I got a grip over my life!!

4 comments:

Preethi said...

I don't see that in you.
:)

AK said...

you dont see what in me?

Preethi said...

Stress!!
I don't see stress in you.
You don't sound stressed out!
I think it is all bull!
An excuse.
Eat less, excercise more. There you go.
you got the answer. No therapist or physio required.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.