Thursday, April 27, 2006

Humor

There has been a lot of talk about humor lately. The Grad Hall Gang has been pretty vocal regarding their feelings towards 'Abrasive Humor'. Especially our Singing Sardar, who in his typical R21 (rated 21) language, called for an all out war.

I said in my comment that poking fun at someone is like jogging on a minefield. If you are crazy enough to do that just for kicks, go ahead and do that. But be aware of the fact that the next step might be your last.

Are you wondering as to why I am repeating my words? Well someone has been acting a little 'funny' on my blog, posting comments in someone else's name. I have deleted those comments for now and I have also enabled comment moderation - something I hated to do.

I am no saint and have to admit that I make fun of people too, but I make sure that the limits are understood and stay well within my limits. I dont mind getting my fair share of jabs from family and friends too as long as they stay within permissible limits. But saying something and assigning it to another person is not the least bit funny. I have decided to let it pass just this once and whoever this person is, let me assure him/her that the next time this happens, I wont pouring out my woes online..... I will be too busy making this person's life miserable! I am not very good at forgiving mistakes.

1 comment:

Gaurav said...

Writing comments using someone else's name, I think, is a stupid and cowardly act. Why should someone indulge in it in first place? I sometimes fail to fathom the depths of human mind's depravity. Only a pervert can derive sadistic pleasure out of such acts. I believe in a simple philosophy: If you can't own what you say then better keep your mouth shut.
Something done out of jest is ok, but doing something with malafide intentions, is unpardonable.