Friday, April 21, 2006

Hi-Tech Frustrations

Though I am an engineer myself and a software engineer to boot, I was never a fan of IT and related technologies and I guess I never will be. It's unnecesarily complex and at times extremely frustrating. It took me a whole two months to finally gather enough patience to set up my wireless router. A few valuable hours were spent reading the useless manual and a lot more time was spent fiddling with the settings before I finally got the damned thing working.

Are you asking me why I am telling you this? Well, hi-tech frustrations and low tech Singaporeans makes for a funny combination. The image below is a case in point.

I always thought I had weird neighbours. This proves my assumption. The first one suffers from OCD. He doesn't want to broadcast his network name even though it's secured! The second one takes the cake. I dont know who he is swearing at. Was he cursing the damned router? Or did he want to say that to himself every single day? Or was it directed at unsuspecting neighbours like me?

This day gets interesting as it progresses...

No comments: