Monday, April 17, 2006

Levitation

I was awestruck when I saw David Blaine's show for the first time. I mean.. here was a guy who performed on the streets, right in front of you. No stage set up, no need for tonnes of hi-tech gadgets... it was MAGIC pure and simple.



I was especially impressed by his levitation tricks. I dont know what took me so long to do this, but today I decided to google on levitation techniqiues. And I found this among loads of other web pages hawking stuff. According to this web page, Blaine uses what is known as the Balducci Technique. There are a couple of others called King's Technique, Elevator Technique etc.

That really takes away the mystical aura surrounding David Blaine and brings him back to the ranks of mere mortals like ourselves. Magic or no magic, there is one thing I appreciate in this guy, he definitely has nerves of steel.

So guys, now that I know the secret, it wont be long before you hear someone say "Hey look, up in the sky.... it's a bird.. no it's a plane... no that's just AK". :)

Happy floating......

1 comment:

Mann Sahib said...

Thanks for changing the format. So much easier to scroll through the entries... though it is a bit unfortunate for the stats ;)