Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Chance Meeting with the Fuhrer himself

As I Googled for some details on Pramod Mahajan, I found a link to a blog by someone who calls himself 'Hitler's Soul'. Below the title was his description, the words 'IIM Calcutta'. And I thought "Aha! an IIM wallah! Let's see what he's got to say about life" and I started reading. I liked his sense of humor, no doubt. But more than his hyper-imaginative, comic depiction of his own life, I liked the way he laughed at himself and I liked his down-to-earth nature.

We get bombarded with so many images by the media about these 'young achievers' that we hurriedly form an impression of a brainy, nerdy, ambitious person the moment we hear 'IIM' associated with these guys. Well, my image of an IIM grad was already changing thanks to our dear professors Das and Vish. This blog has really cast the new image of a 'fun loving, easy going IIM wallah' in concrete.

Hitler's Soul ( I wonder why he calls himself that) jots down interesting happenings with a comic touch - good timepass on a lazy afternoon! You can find a link to his blog under the 'Links' section.

1 comment:

Gaurav said...

Good this guy calls himself "Hitler's soul". Nothing wrong in it---metaphysically speaking. I would shudder if he used a pseudonym, "Hitler's Mind".