Monday, June 11, 2007

When CRM goes bad...

Wikipedia defines CRM as:

Customer relationship management (CRM) is a broad term that covers concepts used by companies to manage their relationships with customers, including the capture, storage and analysis of customer information.

Find below two very bad examples of CRM. Top honors go to the CRM efforts by the house of Khoday's. For the uninitiated, Khoday's is a biggie in the Indian alcohol scene (some people might argue otherwise, but that's beside the point). This is a greeting card that Khoday's decided to send out this season.



Guess who they would like to meet more often? Nope, not me. Not even my dad... it's my mom who received this card! They sent this card to a 53 year old house wife who hasn't tasted alcohol all her life!

The second spot (not half as funny as the above) goes to Dr.Batra's. They sent me 3 SMS in the space of 5 days saying that I have missed my appointment with them. What's so unusual about it? Nothing much except for the fact that the SMS barrage started the moment I walked out of their clinic right after my first appointment!

Way to go guys!! Wishing you all the best!!

No comments: